Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Time Marches On...

I am so happy that as more of our friends have children they are having the same feelings that I do. It is not easy for any of us to admit that our parents are right, but one thing is for sure- until you have children of your own you will never have a full understanding of when parents say that time goes by too fast. Reid turned 2 at the beginning of May. That in itself is hard for me to believe, I can remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. All the trials and tribulations of having a new baby seem so distant, but the memories of him being born as still vivid. Today we were at the doctor for my almost 38 week visit. We had the option of moving the induction up to this Thursday or Friday or keeping it at next Thursday, the 18th (seeing that he doesn't come on his own before then). We decided to wait it out. Was it the right call? I don't know, but I guess it can't hurt anything, it's not like we can put him back if we change our minds. On one hand it makes me sad because our time with just Reid is dwindling and I hope that he adjusts well. On the other hand, how lucky are we to have 2 little boys in our lives! So what's the rush? I guess I figure that the longer I keep little Ryan in my tummy, at least I know where he is, he is safe, and let's face it, while you are pregnant time never seems to go by fast enough! So next week it is, unless Ryan has plans of his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment