Friday, June 5, 2009

Oh Happy Days!

As kids we all remember the last day of school- the fun, the excitement, nothing to do! But let me tell you that the last day of school is not the best day of school for teachers, for teachers it is the day after the kids leave but the teachers still have to be there. For Jay it was a day of playing Nintendo, for me it was packing up my room and turning in grades, but it was great! It was quite, the lights were out in the hallways, there were no kids!! It's like being at home alone and cleaning house. Suddenly, when you have a family if you are home alone, you can clean house and not mind. Pre-family it was a chore that was hated- you had so many better things to do, but now, oh just to have the quite time to clean house alone!

Our school consists of many fun people who are really kids at heart, hence we have rollie chair races down the ramps in front of our cafeteria, etc. I was just a spectator for this activity this year but I am looking forward to it next year! When the kids are away, the teachers will play.w

So one would think that I am so happy and relieved now that school is all over, but no...I have to work graduation tomorrow. Yes, something that I thought was over and done with until Jay's dad's kids graduate and until our own kids graduate will now be a part of my life every June for the next 26ish years until I retire (I don't really plan on teaching anything other than high school at this point). This year I also got to re-experience prom, boy that was fun... I have gotten to do all of this while being 9 months pregnant, yeah. So my summer will officially begin tomorrow after graduation but I won't truly feel liberated until Monday when I wake up, take Reid to daycare, and not go to work! That will be a happy day- seeing that I am not in labor at that point!

No comments:

Post a Comment